Lakeside is a beautiful 4 bedroom house that was completed in 2014. Located on the back side of Pilipan, this house can comfortably accommodate 8 people in 4 bedrooms two of each are en suite. The other 2 bedrooms share a bathroom. Each bedroom is fully furnished, including mosquito netting on all the windows and ceiling fans. The indoor living area is open plan with a large dining table and fully equipped kitchen, with kitchen bar.
There are 2 verandahs, one that open up to the pool area while the other one is on the 1st floor. The 2nd verandah offers fantastic views of the back of Prawn Lake and the mangroves.
The beach is a 5 minute drive away and the house does come with a minivan available for rental. The staff include a chef, houseman, gardener/pool attendant and night watchman. Back-up security is provided by Sentry (alarm buttons) and Watamu Against Crime.
The house is in a walled compound with a large swimming pool. There is a back-up generator in case of outages and WIFI at extra cost (ksh.3,000 for the duration of stay).
Check in: 12.00 noon
Check out: 10.30 am
House sleeping 8 guests
KES 12,500 per night (low season)
KES 14,000 per night (mid season)
KES 20,000 per night (high season)
KES 25,000 per night (peak season)
Moi international Airport, Mombasa ( 90 mins.drive )
Malindi Airport ( 25 mins.drive )
Activities available from Lakeside House
- Cultural visits e.g. Gede ruins, local villages
- Turtle Watching
- Game fishing/Deep Sea Fishing (tag and release)
- Shopping trips
- Beach swims
- Beach walks
- Scuba diving
- Wind surfing & kite surfing
- Boat trips
- Dolphin watching
- If cancelled more than 120 days prior to arrival – Full refund of deposit
- If cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival – Deposit forfeited
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival –40% cancellation fee applies
- If cancelled less than 10 days prior to arrival –100% cancellation fee applies
Peak Season: if cancelled less than 21 days prior to arrival – 100% cancellation fee applies
Booking Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of 20% is required to confirm reservation
- Full payment due 30 days prior to arrival
Peak Season: Full payment due 60 days prior to arrival.