Kiboko Nyumba House in Watamu, also known as Hippo House, is the realization of a dream to build an eco-friendly holiday home in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. It is an impressive 4 bedroom Swahili style house that sleeps 10 people and a baby.
The villa, which is set in 1 acre of land, is spread over 3 floors and is just a 10 minute stroll from the stunning beaches of the Indian Ocean.
The property is available to rent and comes fully staffed with a chef, housekeeper and a gardener, as well as a night time askari (security guard). Our friendly staff will be on hand to help make your holiday as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
The house is fully alarmed and has G4S security around the clock.
Hippo House is just a 20 minute drive from the airport of Malindi and a 2 hour drive from the bustling city of Mombasa.
Check in: 12.00 noon
Check out: 10.30 am
House – 4 bedroom sleeping 10
KES 23,000 per night (low season) – 1st March to 30th November
KES 35,500 per night (high season) – 1st December to 28th February excluding peak dates
KES 48,000 per night (peak season) – 22nd December to 4th January
Local airport :
Moi international Airport ,Mombasa (90 mins.drive )
Malindi Airport ( 25 mins.drive )
Activities available from Kiboko Nyumba House
- Cultural visits e.g. local markets and villages
- Turtle watching
- Game fishing/Deep Sea fishing (tag and release)
- Shopping trips
- Beach swims
- Beach walks
- Scuba diving
- Wind surfing & kite surfing
- Boat trips
- Dolphin watching
- If cancelled more than 120 days prior to arrival – Full refund of deposit
- If cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival – Deposit forfeited
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival –40% cancellation fee applies
- If cancelled less than 10 days prior to arrival –100% cancellation fee applies
Peak Season: if cancelled less than 21 days prior to arrival – 100% cancellation fee applies
Booking Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of 40% is required to confirm reservation
- Full payment due 30 days prior to arrival
Peak Season: Full payment due 60 days prior to arrival.