This is a safari to the North via the high shoulder of Mount Kenya to the Game Reserve of Samburu. Here the Ewaso Nyiro River supports a wide variety of game among them elephant, buffalo, cheetah leopard, lion, grey’s zebra, reticulated giraffe among others.
Day 1: Nairobi – Samburu game reserve
Pick up from your hotel or Airport. Safari Briefing and passing the majestic Mt. Kenya en route to the open Savannah of Samburu Game Reserve arriving in good time for lunch at a lodge .Here we find palms and woodland by the Ewaso Nyiro River which provides water for the animals and some relief from the equatorial sun. Late afternoon game drives later Dinner and overnight stay at Samburu Sopa Lodge.
Day 2: Samburu game reserve
Breakfast at the lodge followed by Full day in Samburu with picnic lunch. There is Optional visit to Samburu villages. The highlights of Samburu game reserve is the spectacular scenic beauty, rivers and forests. It is an area where the local people have a rich and colourful heritage. The reserves have numerous permanent springs and a wealth of wildlife which includes leopard, hippo, elephant, lion, reticulated giraffe, grey zebra and crocodile in the Ewaso Nyiro River
Day 3: Samburu – Nairobi;
Early Morning Game Drive then back for breakfast. After breakfast depart for Nairobi arriving in the afternoon where the tour ends. Drop off at the Airport for your flight back home.
- Services of multi-lingual driver guide
- Park entry fees
- Government taxes
- 1 litre of mineral water per person per day
Prices do not include:
- International Airfare
- Donation when visiting local villages.
- Gratuity (Tips) for your professional driver guide
- Gratuity for waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- If cancelled more than 120 days prior to arrival – Full refund of deposit
- If cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival – Deposit forfeited
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival –40% cancellation fee applies
- If cancelled less than 10 days prior to arrival –100% cancellation fee applies
Peak Season: if cancelled less than 21 days prior to arrival – 100% cancellation fee applies
Booking Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of 40% is required to confirm reservation
- Full payment due 7 days prior to arrival
Peak Season: Full payment due 60 days prior to arrival.