A Safari in Kenyas Premier National Park, the Masai Mara, is one of the dream adventures for visitors to Africa in search of the Big 5. By travelling by land from Nairobi to the Masai Mara you will see the country and the natural environment of it’s people.
Day 1. Nairobi to Masai Mara
You will leave your Nairobi hotel in the morning for Masai Mara. The drive will pass through the dramatic Great Rift Valley, and the driver will stop so you can admire the stunning views.You will continue your ascent along the western rim of the valley crossing the Loita plains. This is the land of the Masai tribe. You will see the traditional red-clad Masai warriors tending their herds. As your driver guide takes you to your lodge for lunch there will be opportunities for spotting the varied species of wildlife.After lunch your driver will guide you through the lands of the Masia warriors, the home of the “Big 5”.Dinner and an overnight stay will be at your choice of safari lodge or luxury tented camp.
Day 2 Masai Mara National Reserve
A full days game viewing inside the most popular National Park in East Africa where the Big Five are prevalent. Search for the black maned lion for which Mara is famous. Other wildlife you will see include cheetah, buffalo, wildebeest, zebra, leopard. Grants gazelle are quite common. Even the rare rhino might come out of the thicket for you. Hyenas are plentiful.
Extend your drive to the hippo point. Watch and you will see schools of hippo submerge on the approach of vehicles. They surface seconds later to display their displeasure. The crocodiles sunbathe on the river banks mouths agape!
In the afternoon there is an optional visit to the Masai villages for an insight to their culture.
Dinner and overnight an overnight stay will be at your choice of safari lodge or luxury tented camp.
An optional Balloon ride is available. It is one of the most spectacular ways of observing the the Masai Mara National Reserve.
Day 3 Masai Mara to Nairobi
Early morning breakfast then check out of your safari lodge. Your driver guide will take you to Nairobi with an exit game viewing drive. You will return to Nairobi in the afternoon.
- services of a multi-lingual driver guide
- park entry fees
- accommodation with meals included
- government taxes
- 1 litre of mineral water per person per day
Rates do not include
- International Airfare
- Donation when visiting local villages
- Gratuity (Tips)for your professional driver guide
- Gratuity for waiters at hotels, camps and airports.
- If cancelled more than 120 days prior to arrival – Full refund of deposit
- If cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival – Deposit forfeited
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival –40% cancellation fee applies
- If cancelled less than 10 days prior to arrival –100% cancellation fee applies
Peak Season: if cancelled less than 21 days prior to arrival – 100% cancellation fee applies
Booking Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of 20% is required to confirm reservation
- Full payment due 30 days prior to arrival
Peak Season: Full payment due 60 days prior to arrival